Centre for Cyber Security (CCS) was found by Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science (LKCFES), Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) in January 2016. This centre aims to attract significant external research grants and encourage multidisciplinary collaborations. Besides, CCS was formed to demonstrate national leadership and international recognition for excellence in the area of cyber security.
Goal: To become a recognized centre of excellence for the field of cyber security internationally
Aim: To promote and lead research and development, technology transfer and training of experts in the area related to cyber security to enhance competitiveness of local industries in global market through the collaborations among the members and external parties
- To provide an efficient point of contact for management and collaboration between the members and external parties for both research and development activities together with consultancy services
- To improve the research outputs to international level through the collaborations among the members and external parties
- To encourage multidisciplinary research and development activities among different centres
- To commercialize research outputs with local industries
- To provide postgraduate supervision and conduct seminars/training in the field of cyber security